UR5 Robot Arm Information: More Coming Soon
- The overall system size to be placed on the end-effector cannot be more than 1 cubic foot and weight should be less than 5kg.
- Teams may use an Auxiliary Unit (AUX) if necessary to augment the operation of the end effector. This auxiliary unit may simply be used for back-end operation or for working in direct concert with the end effector to complete the task. The location and dimensions of this AUX will be shown on the competition schematic. No actuation other than electrical may occur between the end effector and the AUX. The base of the AUX needs to fit within a 2’x2’x1’ cube.
- There can NOT be any fluids that could potentially come in contact with any parts or the UR5 (ex. Oils, degreaser, water).
- The end-effector should be powered by a Type A Electrical Plug (110-volt regular US plug).
- No compressed air or vacuum will be provided. The UR5 will have 6mm (OD) tubing available to connect between the AUX unit and end-effector. Teams are responsible for supplying correct connections and extra tubing if they need it (Everything can be ordered from McMaster Carr).
- If students decide to provide compressed air, it can not exceed 40 psi.
- The end-effector will have a 4-pin connector for power, ground, and other signal wires to connect to the AUX unit. Teams are responsible for having the correct connector to hook up. Each team will need two of this connector.
- There will not be an outlet on the UR5 so this is the only means of power to connect your end-effector!
- End-Effector Physical Attachment: